Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Acer servicing connundrum

A week ago a PC owner had problems getting on line with his Acer Aspire. He sent it to me to repair. His motherboard was dead, so I needed a replacement. The only one I had was a Gigabyte GA-M61P-ME-S2. After installation, it would not start. Maybe that's why it was still in the store!
The owner wants things to be the way they used to be. Telling him it is between difficult and impossible did not impress the situation on him. This gentleman wants what he wants! (his old PC back). Talking did not get far with him. Attempts at a rebuild have proved inconclusive.
All he wants is to have things back as they were before. From where I am it is not very likely. He does not seem to understand how fast the computer field is changing. What we could buy six months ago is out of date today! Finally when he learned it was not repairable, he demanded compensation or at least help to buy a replacement machine of the same type. I helped him as much as I could. He now has what he wanted all along. I still believe he made a bad choice. Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment