Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cannot search messages in Thunderbird Mail

About 1 month ago I reported a bug in Thunderbird Mail which prevented searches from working. Shortly after that a new version came out, in which the problem seemed to be fixed. Unfortunately, a short time later, it returned. Mail searching has not worked since!
Do our highly skilled developers have an answer for this conundrum? Meanwhile, as frustration increases, users endeavor to continue on with faulty email software. You can find the issue at this link: Thunderbird search bug

I just discovered that downloading and installing the latest Thunderbird issue seems to fix the search problem. At this stage there is no guarantee that the bug won't return in time. I will be watching for it.
Since then I have downloaded a new version over the old copy. So far the problem has not resurfaced, but I'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment