Sunday, September 27, 2009

Light relief:Famous quotes by Winston Churchill

I hope you find these as entertaining and enlightening as I did...

Famous Quotes of Sir Winston Churchill
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in any opportunity; the optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

"Eating words has never given me indigestion"
Sir Winston Churchill

When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.
Sir Winston Churchill

Bessie Braddock to Churchill "Winston, you're drunk!"
Churchill: "Bessie, you're ugly, and tomorrow morning I shall be sober"

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it
Sir Winston Churchill

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
Sir Winston Churchill

Lady Astor to Churchill "Winston, if you were my husband I would flavour your coffee with poison"
Churchill: "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it"

No comments:

Post a Comment