Friday, August 7, 2009

How would you deal with these people?

I have a customer (Mr B. S.). This fellow is very keen to receive professional tech service for his computer. It is generally difficult, since he does not do any maintainance or follow any advice given to him. Consequently his system is plagued by infections and in poor condition. As if that is not enough, when he gets the bill, he gets the money from his partner or refuses to pay because he doesn't like spending money or paying bills. Meanwhile, his situation and reputation suffer. His system is due for service shortly.

Before I proceed, may I ask for your recommendations, as I am too close to this to be sure of acting objectively.

2 comments:

  1. Can you post a sign on your front door with a list of work done on pc, and an average price for work done? I have taken my pc to Data Dr.'s here in the USA and they have a sign on their wall with different types of problems and what the price is to repair. If you leave your pc to be repaired they have called me, saying what the problem is and what the cost will be and you can either accept the price or go and get your pc, but there is a charge for troubleshooting the problem. If you do not pay , you do not get your pc back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting a sign is a nice idea, but working from home makes it more difficult. Maybe there is a way to do this. Give me a little time to think about it, thanks.

    ReplyDelete